Prep + cook time = about 23 minutes
- 1lb of lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3/4lb of fresh mushroom, sliced
- 3 tbsp of flour
- 2 cups of beef broth (50% less sodium)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup of sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 180 grams of basmati rice
- Brown the ground beef with onions and garlic. Once browned, drain the fat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice (or side of your choice).
- After 10 minutes, remove the beef mixture from heat and stir in sour cream and parsley.
- Serve over rice (or with side of your choice).
This recipe makes 4 servings. Each serving’s macros are: 33C/11F/29P